A highly anticipated Apple TV drama about an investigator who infiltrates far-right hate groups online is still mysteriously missing from the platform months after it was suddenly postponed at the last minute.
The Savant, which stars Jessica Chastain, was slated to be one of last year's biggest releases. It was shelved just days before its intended debut back in September, in the aftermath of conservative firebrand Charlie Kirk's assassination.
Apple TV, at the time, said the decision came after some 'careful consideration'.
Five months later, showrunners have yet to offer any detail about the rationale behind the decision, nor any indication about when - or if - the show will ever air.
Chastain addressed the unusual move on social media at the time, making clear it came without her blessing.
The 48-year-old Oscar winner told her more than five million Instagram followers that the 'unfortunate amount of violence' that's been occurring in the US shouldn't be shied away, from even in the form of a TV release
'While I respect Apple's decision to pause the release for now, I remain hopeful the show will reach audiences soon. Until then, I'm wishing safety and strength for everyone, and I'll let you know if and when The Savant is released,' Chastain wrote.
Five months later, it's still unclear when that will be.
The Savant, which was set to star three-time Oscar-winner Jessica Chastain, was due to be one of the 2025's biggest releases. Now, it's nowhere to be seen, with its fate uncertain
The show was abruptly pulled after 'careful consideration' from showrunners days after the suspected politically motivated assassination of far-right activist Charlie Kirk, at Utah Valley University on September 10
Chastain - a three-time Academy Award winner - picked up the phone to the Daily Mail on Monday morning but she politely referred all queries to a publicist.
A statement from Apple TV back in September only said the series would be released 'at a future date.'
A landing page for the eight-part program, as of writing, still insists the series will stream 'at a later date.'
The show is inspired by a 2019 Cosmopolitan article titled 'Is It Possible to Stop a Mass Shooting Before It Happens?'.
The feature followed an anonymous, real-life private investigator who monitors men's online behaviors for signs of violence and misogyny.
Chastain - a three-time Academy Award winner - plays a fictionalized version of the wannabe vigilante who, after tucking in her children for the night, infiltrates online hate groups from her personal computer.
The series includes a sniper and the bombing of a government building.
Kirk's was killed by a sniper and his death is believed to have been politically motivated.
Suspect Tyler Robinson, a 22-year-year-old raised by a conservative family in rural Utah, was radicalized online, according to local prosecutors.
Chastain - who was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame just days before Kirk's killing - previously said that the 'unfortunate amount of violence' occurring in the US shouldn't be shied away from, even in the form of a TV release
Chastain plays a fictionalized version of an anonymous woman who spoke to Cosmopolitan in 2019 about her secret life of infiltrating online hate groups in the in-limbo show, which originally had a September 26 premiere date
He has been charged with with aggravated murder. Texts being used in the case appear to show Robinson's disdain for far-right politics.
The Daily Mail has contacted Apple for comment.
The show originally had a September 26 premiere date.